The London Opera Festival is unlikely to go ahead as its organiser International Opera Productions (IOP) has started liquidation proceedings, Event can reveal.
Members of the events industry gathered for a showcase at The Swan at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre last week.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has reported an increase in London visitor numbers and spend in its International Passenger Survey for 2012.
Sheffield-based Demon Wheelers has named Alastair Hipkin and Liam Hibberson as new business development managers.
London Dungeon welcomed 150 event organisers and VIP clients to experience its new £20m facilities at a launch party on 20 March.
AOK Events has been awarded the sole rights to offer corporate hospitality at the Concours of Elegance event in September.
- The Grove encourages growing talent
- Package of the week: Christmas at Outdoors in the City
- What's hot of the week: The Perfume Studio
- Package of the week: Clay pigeon shoots on the Thames
- Package of the week: Olympic team building
- Package of the week: White water rafting on the Olympic slalom course
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Conference Section Commonwealth Secretariat £69,333 pa + benefits, London based with considerable overseas travel
- Studio Manager - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £50000 - 60000 per annum, Dubai
- Event Account Manager Live Recruitment £30000 - 35000 per annum, North London
- Event Manager (contract) ESP Recruitment £24k-£26k pro-rata depending on experience, Central London
- Programme Producer ESP Recruitment £24k+bonus OTE £35k, London
- Event Organisers: What the London Olympics can teach us about event promotion
- Event Organisers: Tapping into social media to build a thriving customer fan base