Andrew Essa, managing director of The Social Athletics Club, on starting the business last year, his international heritage, and having private drinks with Richard Branson.
My Event World - Neil Robinson Neil Robinson, group account director of Cheil Worldwide, on managing the Galaxy Studio project for Samsung, commuting to France and live streaming at events.
My Event World - Charlie Grave Charlie Grave, managing director of sponsorship, IMG Tennis and BNP Paribas Tennis Classic, on starting the Japan Sevens Rugby, organising a triathlon for Eurostar, and tennis in the Royal Albert Hall.
My Event World - Carol Gandey Carol Gandey, managing director of Gandey World Class Productions, and a board member of the European Circus Association, on charging cattle, Sky TV and building a business from scratch.
My Event World - Tim Barrett-Jolley Tim Barrett-Jolley, event sales and marketing manager at RSA House, on his Masterchef credentials, useless university degrees, and banning time wasters.
My Event World - Hilary Lumsden Hilary Lumsden, show secretary at The Fife Show (Fife Agricultural Association), on logistical challenges and the benefits of a glass of wine.
My Event World - Debora Luzi Debora Luzi, events manager at Roast restaurant, on salsa, vegetarianism and free events.
Showplans has confirmed its technical showplan service will be used by BETA International at its next event in February 2014.
Event caterer Jackson Gilmour has been selected as an approved supplier at Abbey Road Studios.
Six hundred children from the UK and Europe are meeting in London this Saturday (25 May) for the launch of Football for Friendship, a scheme which aims to highlight the importance of friendship through sport.
Projection Advertising has devised a guerilla marketing campaign for rap artiste Kanye West.
Secret Cinema has announced its first Secret Music event in collaboration with Laura Marling, set to take place next month.
Excel London has appointed a new member to its corporate team.
Ticketmaster has appointed Christoph Homann to the new role of managing director of Ticketmaster Resale, International.
Sodexo Prestige has appointed Alex Beaumont to the role of head of events.
Michael Aldridge, 09 May 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Events Account Manager Eventa Group £20,000 base (OTE £27,000), Very central (10 minutes' walk from the train station)
- Event Sales Manager North Science Museum Group £27,000 - £32,000 per annum , SMG museums based in Manchester, York & Bradford
- ASSISTANT EVENT MANAGER Live Recruitment £22000 - 27000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Executive - Business Development -Sales The MotivAction Group Plc Negotiable based on experience + OTE & Benefits , Widbury Hill, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 7QE
- Conference Product Development Manager London Business Conferences £32,000 - £35,000 p.a (Depending on Experience), Central London
- Event Organisers: What the London Olympics can teach us about event promotion
- Event Organisers: Tapping into social media to build a thriving customer fan base